The University of Lagos Teaching Hospital, (LASUTH) Ikeja, now has recorded cases of patients with Monkeypox.
according to a statement issued by
Assistant Director .MLS
Said, “we have started seeing signs of people on the street with this same disease but they are not aware of it and they are assuming is chicken pox or ordinary rashes resulting from aftermath of fever they had;
He further said the sign will be known as
1.If you are presently experiencing fever and seeing signs of rashes on your skin, kindly alert the necessary authority.
Don’t keep it to yourself.
- Avoid body to body contact in the bus or public places
- Use your mask at any instance without hesitation or fear of criticism
- Wash your hands thoroughly after every contact with people or common objects or places
- Take your bath as soon as you get home from any outing
- Spread used cloths to dry in the sun or wash as appropriate
- Use hand sanitisers regularly
- Lastly, Students in hostel should mind what is shared and do not hesitate to prevent unnecessary contacts with people, beddings and utensils
- Monkey pox is real and spreading fast .
10 . Thank you for adhering.
The general public should please take note and report any one with signs of monkeypox to stop the spread.