PDP REQUEST FROM INEC WAS SHEER FOOLISHNESS – APC
By Ruth Oginyi
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Ebonyi State Wednesday said the demand by the opposition, People’s Democratic Party ( PDP) from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to issue a certificate of return to their purported candidates as ordered by the federal high court in Abuja was a sheer act of foolishness and childish.
The State Chairman of the party in Ebonyi Stanley Okoro Emegha, stated this in Abakaliki while addressing some journalists.
He accused the PDP of being behind the crisis and insecurity in Ebonyi State.
Emegha however, warned the party to desist from deceiving itself and the general public.
He further explain that APC has appealed on the sack of Umahi and stay of execution served on PDP.
His words, “APC Ebonyi State has described as the foolishness of the highest order by Ebonyi PDP in demanding for a certificate of return from INEC for their purported candidates for an election their said candidates never participated.
“The constitution of Nigeria section 285(13) and the amended electoral laws both 2010 and 2022 including all known cases of both Appeal and Supreme court decisions, already made it clear that you cannot benefit or sue or be used for an election you did not participate.
“It is therefore very funny and childish for PDP to be requesting for certificate of Return from INEC, even without regards to the Abakaliki court order which is a judgment in REM on the seat of the Governor and Deputy Governor of Ebonyi State.
“Ebonyi PDP is warned to desist from deceiving herself and the general public knowing very well that the said judgment has since been appealed and notice of appeal and stay of execution served on PDP.
“We are now aware of who and who is behind the crisis/cases against Ebonyi State Government including all the insecurity in the state since the Governor defected from PDP to APC.
“APC Ebonyi State will deal decisively with anyone who leaves his Facebook foolishness in the name of being nominated as a candidate and steps Ebonyi State further their crisis and insecurity.
“Ebonyi State Government is stable and all projects and programs are ongoing and will never stop. Ebonyi is requested to be calm and vigilant and assured that justice is already at hand”, he said.
in other news the Communique Issued at the End of 95th National Executive Committee (NEC) Meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Held on Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at the PDP National Secretariat, Wadata Plaza, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja
According to the statement Signed by
Hon. Debo Ologunagba the National Publicity Secretary said the National Executive Committee (NEC), after extensive deliberations on issues of urgent national importance as well as preparations for the 2023 general elections resolved as follows:
- NEC commended the effort of the various organs of our Party, the National Working Committee (NWC), the National Caucus, the National Assembly Caucus, the Board of Trustees (BoT), the PDP Governors’ Forum and our structures at various levels in stabilizing our Party for the task ahead.
- NEC also commended the commitment of the National Working Committee (NWC) under the Chairmanship of Sen. Dr. Iyorchia Ayu to further unite and reposition the Party ahead of the 2023 general elections.
- NEC applauded the NWC for the success of the Party in the Local Government election in the FCT as well as in recent bye-elections across the country. NEC also commended the NWC for successful conduct of the PDP primaries for Ekiti and Osun States’ governorship elections respectively and charged all Party members to work hard to ensure victory in the two elections.
- NEC expressed confidence in the ability of the NWC to lead our Party to win the Presidential election, majority of state governors as well as majority of seats in the National and State Assemblies.
- On the state of the nation, NEC strongly condemned the insincerity, corruption and insensitivity of the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led administration resulting in worsening insecurity and agonizing economic hardship in the country.
- NEC also condemned the abysmal corruption in the APC government which is responsible for the excruciating fuel crisis and collapse of our national grid that have crippled economic and social activities in our country.
- NEC notes that Nigerians are now looking up to the PDP for solution and as such urged all Party members to remain united in the PDP’s mission to Rescue and Rebuild our country from the misrule of the APC.
Preparations for the 2023 General Elections:
- NEC approved the PDP Electoral Guidelines for the conduct of Primary Elections
- NEC approved the Timetable and Schedule of Activities of the PDP for the 2023 general elections.
- NEC approved a 50% reduction in nomination fees for youths aged 25 to 30 years for various elective positions.
- NEC also approved the commencement of sale of Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms from Thursday, March 17, 2022
- The following amounts for the Forms were approved by NEC: (i) State House of Assembly -Expression of Interest – N100,000=
Nomination Form N500,000= (ii) House of Representatives- Expression of Interest – N500,000=
Nomination Form N2,000,000= (iii) Senate – Expression of Interest – N500,000=
Nomination Form N3,000,000= (iv) Governorship – Expression of Interest – N1,000,000=
Nomination Form N20,000,000= (v) President – Expression of Interest – N5,000,000=
Nomination Form N35,000,000=
NEC also approved the establishment of a 37-member Zoning Committee to make recommendations for the zoning of various elective positions for the 2023 general elections.